Episode 105 - Pretty accessible for a niche March 11, 2012
This week James and Chris discuss a whole bunch oâ€™ things and stuff... Including Chrisâ€™s review of Sliders Jeans, version 4. Theyâ€™re generously cut in both width and length. You want stuff? And things? Be sure to check Ultimate Motorcyclingâ€™s 2012 Buyerâ€™s Guide. Itâ€™s like porn for bikers... but without the porn. Motus Motorcycles is planning on releasing new information - including PRICING - at Daytona this week. Chances are good that by the time you listen to this, Motus may have already released pricing. Very exciting! Hero to the rescue! For Ducati, that is. Ducati is for sale, and Hero Motors of India is eyeing them up. Could it be? And finally, got a sticky or tricky zipper? Try waxing it. Seriously.
At the end of the show The Gear Chic drops in to give us some more tips and advice, so be sure to hang around for that. And if you have any questions or comments for Joanne, be sure to hit her up directly at email@example.com.
From the MFG on Slider's Jeans
Sliders 4.0 Kevlar Jeans provide the comfort and look of your favorite pair of jeans, but with the added protection of genuine DuPont Kevlar. Sliders Motorcycle Jeans use a generous amount of Kevlar, with coverage in the knees, shins, seat, and sides of your legs and hips. Sliders also gives you the option of using CE rated knee armor, with 3 position pockets so you can get the knee armor to sit in just the right spot. With a relaxed fit, Sliders Jeans are very comfortable both on and off the bike, and are constructed of a durable 13.5oz denim. Sliders Riding Jeans are sold by waist and inseam sizes, just like normal jeans. Check them out at Competition Accessories today!
- Chris reviews the new Sliders jeans from Competition Accessories
- Ultimate Motorcyclingâ€™s 2012 buyerâ€™s guide. Bikes, tires, watches, riding gear... itâ€™s like a porn catalog for riders.
- Clean and lubricate your zippers with wax - never would have thought of this
- Motus to release pricing and dealer plans at Daytona
- From their website: â€œWe will announce final pricing, options, and full production specifications for the MST as we wrap up development and testing. We are working with key suppliers to keep the MSRP affordable for a wide range of riders. Please stay tuned and thank you for your patience.â€
- Hero interested in Ducati
- Ryan Hettenbach asks about portable/foldup trailers, particularly this one
Hey guys. I stumbled on this trailer on Ebay. I wanted to ask you or your listeners if they knew anything about or have any experience with it. I think it would be a good compliment to my new Kia Soul and the very rare times that I actually need to tow a bike. This one looks like it's "made in China" and I can only really find it available on Ebay. Any help or info you can give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
- Chad Bolling
- Christopher Ashmore
- Nathan Godwin
- Mike Ocock