- Honda confirms the CRF250L for the States
- The IIHS lists 2012 motorcycles with ABS
- Spy shots of a Moto Guzzi something or other
- Motus gets more dealers
- Ben Schilling mounts an iPhone and has a little trouble attaching his Sena SMH10 to his helmet
- Christian Aasland mentions Blackstone Labs
- The Archive Feeds are here
- Opening music: â€˜No Wayâ€™ byÂ Kunk
May 13, 2012
Ok, thatâ€™s just a flat out lie. Thereâ€™s really not much news, but what we do have is exciting. First, gear for kids! Bilt, Cycle Gearâ€™s house brand, has a full line of gear for kids. Everything from classic Fonzie leather to high-tech textile 4-season gear. Check it out. Also from the â€œhey, this is pretty coolâ€ files, sales of the Japanese big-four are up. While the numbers we have reflect Japanese domestic sales, anecdotally, this trend seems to be strong here in the USA, too. Also, looking for tires? Avon has a nice rebate on a few popular models.
1 – please note, this isnâ€™t an advertisement or paid endorsement of Avon tires. Weâ€™re just reporting the news.
- March 2012 sales up over 2011.
- Avon Storm rebate – $40 for a pair
- Bilt 4 Kids
- Chad Bolling – C3 across Canada – http://scootercanada.weebly.com/
- Michigan repeals helmet law – http://www.annarbor.com/news/rick-snyder-signs-repeal-of-michigans-helmet-law/
- Mark (from the Blog)
- Justin Varner
- Stephen Lay
- Allen Lessard
- Rich Skartvedt
- Heated gear – just do it!
April 22, 2012
- Audi/Ducati deal is done?
- â€œ…especially as VAG has shown it’s capable of understanding and respecting the values of the various brands it holds.â€
- Ryca Street Tracker Build
- Scooter Share. Good idea?
- Cafe Racer Podcast – www.caferacerpodcast.com
- KTM parts fiche – http://www.ktm-parts.com/
- Chad Bollingâ€™s scooter blog discussion – http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=661436
- Jeff Kuhneâ€™s video of a bike crash – http://youtu.be/Oqr-edYYYGw
- PacSafe – http://pacsafe.com/
- Rok Straps – http://www.rokstraps.com/
- Motorcycle Girl (Celeste)
- Kurt Wahtera
- Eric Shelton – (discussing standards)
- Chris Ashmore (two emails here)
- David Maas
- Chad Bolling
- Roland Canon
- Jeff Kuhne
- Colleen First
- Paul Manson (Facebook)
- Motus announces pricing starting at $31,000. That’s not a typo. That’s THIRTY ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS.
- Press Kit (This is a direct link to zip file download)
- Willie G. gets a gold watch
- Moto Guzzi’s new California 1400
- Piaggio’s new design center in Pasadena, CA
- Audi courting Ducati?
- MD’s take on modern motorcycle ergos
- STA-BIL fuel stabilizer
- Listener’s Links
- David Austin points us towards a suzukisavage.com post on petcock diagnostics by way of our Facebook page
- Chad Bolling tells us about Yamaha scooter fuel pump issues and suggests zumaforums.net as a resource
- Doug Kneissl shares some pics of his new Cycle Shell
- Dave Shupe tells us about a ride in the Poconos to benefit the Boy Scouts of America. You can find the pledge sheet here if you’re local and interested.
- Opening music
- No Way, byÂ Kunk
WARNING: We spend lots of time talking about electrics this week. Mostly because that’s where the interesting stuff is happening rightÂ now. But don’t despair! I’m sure we’ll have lots of good old fashioned gas burnin’ bikes to talk about next week.
We also spend some time on a tiny little scooter, yet another Triumph rumor and lots of email.
Oh, do you remember Colorforms? Those sticky plastic things in the shape of a pair of shoes or a shirt or something that you would stick on other sticky plastic things in the shape of a person or maybe a tree? Harley Davidson has given us online Colorforms! You can stick a bunch of accessories and stuff on a Sportster to see what it looks like. The difference is that you can peel your H-D creation off of the refrigerator door and bring it in to the real world if your wallet is fat enough.
This is the Sportster I would build from the available options. Probably not a big surprise. It’s basically a 48 with luggage and a real fuel tank.
- Opening music
- No Way, byÂ Kunk
This week, fresh off the PodCamp Philly afterglow, Chris & James talk about Kawasaki. Some little bits of news… new bikes, awesome bikes, fast bikes, powerful bikes, pretty bikes… you know, more of the same old same old.
There are a few other things, too… like a four wheel motorcycle that seems to make far more sense than the Tomahawk, a naked Gixxer, a sport-tour dressed Bandit breaks into the US market place.. wait, wasnâ€™t Suzuki out of business last year?
Those whacky Germans join the lid race in the US – Schuthbert comes back not only with helmets, but with a whole factory! Right here in the US of A! Madness, I tell you! Chris is still convinced this is the harbinger of great and wonderful things – that the US will finally see motorcycles as something more than hooligan toys. But James and his pesky reality squash those dreams.
Oh… thereâ€™s some Kawasaki news, too.
The Pace has Voice Mail! Call 484-748-0042 and leave your feedback!
- Holy. Crap. Finally a real sport bike without torture rack ergos??? Kawasaki Ninja 1000
- Suzuki makes updates to some Gixxers (Provided by Chris Harr). Not bad for a company that was â€œgoing out of businessâ€ last year.
- Official specs on the Kawasaki ZX10
- Thanks to listener Chris Harr for the PDF
- Quadro 4D
- W800 get official complete with a drum in the back…
- And from the â€œMore bikes weâ€™ll probably never seeâ€ category – the GSR750.
- GSX1250FA replaces the Bandit 1250S in the U.S.
- Schuberth returns to the USA – this time with a full factory, not just importers.
- Article and 3 minute factory tour video – http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/378/8051/Motorcycle-Article/Schuberth-Helmets-Factory-Tour.aspx
- Announcement the voice mail line – 484-748-0042