Lots of news from Milan, a little fromÂ PennsylvaniaÂ and a whole heapin’ healpin’ of e-mail.
July 31, 2011 – A showroom full of little monsters.
If it could go wrong getting this show out on time this week, it did. So… without preamble and grumbling on, we present to you, Episode 81. Enjoy!
- New Ducati Street Fighters
- e-Tint Visor Inserts
- EBR Nation Video
- CBR250R Gets Aftermarket Gear from Yosh
- Test ride a Yamaha get a free pair of Oakleys?
- From Roland Cannon – on Nitrogen in tires
- From Brad Kaplan – on the NT700 Deauville
- From Zack Skogsberg – on the venerable Ninja 250 touring mount
- Excellent audio clip from Jon DelVecchio – on the helmet law debate from another perspective
Despite those issues with varying internet connections, Skype and audio equipment we interview electric drive experts Eva Hakansson and Bill Dube. Eva & Bill are the designers, builders and owners of ElectroCat, KillaJoule and KillaCycle. ElectroCat is the only fully electric bike to finish the Pikeâ€™s Peak climb. Bill & Eva give us insights on some of the newer battery technologies, charging and discharge rates and costs to operate the various types of e-drive vehicles. They also talk a bit about their plans for the future with their current bikes, and new and updated machines, including taking a run at several Bonneville records in the coming season. And they do all this while reconnecting dropped Skype calls. Thatâ€™s talent and patience.
After talking with Bill and Eva, Chris & James talk about the newly announced CBR250R – Hondaâ€™s entry into either the beginner bike market, or the lightweight sport bike market… or something. Price will have a huge impact on the success or failure of this bike, and on what market segment it seems to fit into best. Bottom line – time will tell.
Scott Bolton weighs in on email to clarify Ben and Erik Bostromâ€™s place in racing in 2010 and 2011.
Remember, weâ€™re looking for more voice mails about your planned trips for Spring of 2011! Tell us what you have planned – 484-748-0042.
- Interview with e-bike expert and racer, Eva Hakansson and her partner and husband, Bill Dube.
- Honda announces the CBR250R
- Follow up from Scott Bolton: Eric Bostrom was racing for Attack Performance, teamed with Cycle World, in 2010 AMA. This article is from May of 2010 and thatâ€™s about when I remember hearing it.
- Music, No Way by Kunk, and courtesy of MusicAlley.com