This weeks show is all about Intermot 2012 with special guest Crash from The Cafe Racer Podcast.
WARNING: We spend lots of time talking about electrics this week. Mostly because that’s where the interesting stuff is happening rightÂ now. But don’t despair! I’m sure we’ll have lots of good old fashioned gas burnin’ bikes to talk about next week.
We also spend some time on a tiny little scooter, yet another Triumph rumor and lots of email.
Oh, do you remember Colorforms? Those sticky plastic things in the shape of a pair of shoes or a shirt or something that you would stick on other sticky plastic things in the shape of a person or maybe a tree? Harley Davidson has given us online Colorforms! You can stick a bunch of accessories and stuff on a Sportster to see what it looks like. The difference is that you can peel your H-D creation off of the refrigerator door and bring it in to the real world if your wallet is fat enough.
This is the Sportster I would build from the available options. Probably not a big surprise. It’s basically a 48 with luggage and a real fuel tank.
- Opening music
- No Way, byÂ Kunk
Lots of news from Milan, a little fromÂ PennsylvaniaÂ and a whole heapin’ healpin’ of e-mail.
We have lots and lots of feedback this week including electronic controls on bikes, Chris’s scooter, my Teiz suit and an electric concept from BMW. We wonder if two discs are better then one and slide down the slippery slope that leads to helmet laws.
Oh, there’s some news too.
Episode 41 – We love you, Michael Bay!
This week we open up with a volley of hurt on spammers. Ok, it’s actually just a lot of whining about spammers, but that doesn’t sound nearly as cool. Bottom line: if we accidentally deleted your comments or didn’t approve your forum signup, it’s not ’cause we don’t like you – we’re just really bad at figuring out who the real people are vs. the spammers. Sorry. Oh, and Canada… it was a joke. It’s all good.
After that we discuss recalled R6es and their awesome reflectors. We still love the ‘lectrics and we talk about a great article with a 3-bike electric comparo on motorcycle.com.
Ever want to flout the helmet laws? Do it in Myrtle Beach. Take THAT, city council! You’re not awesome!
James admits he loves Michael Bay but thinks the incredible transforming Krugger bike is less than awesome. MCN is awesome, though, because they have the ONLY reports of 2011 Gixxers on the planet. Awesome!
Moto Morini is dead; Long live Moto Morini. Except… no. And Honda aims at the FJR and C14 with the new, upcoming VFR1200T? Hmm… They might, rabbit. They might.
Continue to stay tuned for CONTESTS!!! We’re gonna take next week off, so look for us to come back on the 29th. Enjoy your vacation, James!
- Yamaha recall – http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/609/7685/Motorcycle-Article/Yamaha-Recalls-54000-YZF-R6-Motorcycles.aspx
- Electric bike comparo – http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/2010-ebike-shootout-89839.html
- Myrtle Beach refunds helmet citations – http://blog.motorcycle.com/2010/07/14/safety/motorcycle-helmet-violations-refunded/
- Krugger’s Veon Project transforming bike – http://www.cyrilhuzeblog.com/2010/08/08/exclusive-motorcycle-cruiser-to-racer-in-5-seconds%E2%80%A6/
- MCN’s got the dirt. Or not. – http://www.motorcyclenews.com/upload/270922/images/new-paper-main.jpg
- Moto Morini: gone for good? – http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/285/7677/Motorcycle-Article/Euro-Gossip–August-2010-.aspx
- Tiez Bargain – http://www.teizms.com/lombard-p-2.html
- (community discussion thread – http://www.sport-touring.net/forums/index.php/topic,37107.0.html)
- Honda: The new ST? – http://www.motorcycledaily.com/2010/08/solo-moto-thinks-more-upright-vfr1200f-may-replace-st1300-this-fall/
- And just because Michael Bay is awesome – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiHsxQJ9ZOo
We’ve got it all this week. Boots that keep water in, Barney the Dinosaur and even bigger Bavarian beasts. Then we’ll talk about unidentified things in the woods, something neither of us cares about, electric bikes that might be affordable, and a fleet of electrics from the tuning fork company. Someone can’t count, we’ll bring you the latest installment of Aerostich: Genius or Madness and if you’re keeping score, Chris and I are tied at one each.
*I completely changed my post production workflow this week. Please let me know how it sounds.