Episode 140: Rat in a Cage
February 24, 2013
Episode 138 - Ride the monster February 3, 2013Short and quick show this week. Not much in the news and it seems everyone is busy with The Wintery Winterness of Winter. Anyway, the guys speculate on KTM and Husqvaran’s bright new future. After such a quiet and tight-lipped deal, speculation is all we have, and we wring it for all its worth, like the proverbial turkey’s neck on Thanksgiving. Zeeeeeeeeeeeeee Twooooo Fiddy! Kawasaki introduces the tiny Ninja’s standard version to the world, and does that mean a 300-sized version for the US market? SPECULATION! It abounds. Learn to love it; it’s all we gots. Then there’s feedback and linky-links and more discussion fodder. Enjoy! News:
- KTM gets Husq - http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/news/bmw-motorrad-sells-husqvarna-pierer-industrie-ag/
- Kawasaki Z250 - http://www.motorcycledaily.com/2013/01/kawasaki-z300-for-u-s-kawasaki-launches-naked-z250-in-indonesia/
- Chad finds a Ryca for sale - http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/mcy/3549538524.html
- Suzuki GW250 - http://www.suzukicycles.com/Product%20Lines/Cycles/Products/GW250/2013/GW250.aspx
- SV rallye - http://www.svrider.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=57
- Bench Racers International - http://www.benchracersinternational.com
- Scott Bolton
- Joshua Chang
- Al S
- Nic Solberg
Episode 132 - “Motard” is just stupid November 18, 2012News:
- KTM 390 Duke pics - http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/bikes/ktm-390-duke-high-resolution-photos/
- 2013 Aprilia Caponord - http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/bikes/2013-aprilia-caponord-1200-aprilia-dynamic-damping/#more-37417
- BMW F800GT - http://www.motorcycledaily.com/2012/11/new-bmw-f-800-gt-breaks-cover/
- Husq Terra 650 - http://husqvarna-motorcyclesna.com/product.php?pid=64&cid=24
- Agility Saietta R - http://www.firebox.com/product/3556/Agility-Saietta-R-Bike
- CB1100 - http://hellforleathermagazine.com/2010/03/video-2010-honda-cb1100-in-motion/
- CB1100 cafe - http://www.caferacer351.com/forum/index.php?topic=284.25
- Royal Enfield - http://www.enfieldmotorcycles.com/models/classic-g5.html
- Ural - http://www.imz-ural.com/
- Thomas Hunt
- Brent Tannehill
- Russell Hoffman
- Thomas Hunt - follow up
- John Hopkins - follow up from last week
- Christopher Lowe
- Chris Ashmore
- Theme song composed and performed by Raoul Lowe
Episode 126 - Appropriately Grinning September 23, 2012This week we speculate and ponder the existence of the as yet non-existent existence of Honda’s non-existent V4 sport bike. It doesn’t exist. Yet. Will it? We don’t know, but it sounds like the non-existent bike may exist some day. Whew. That went round the horn a bit. KTM gives us a new big Adventure bike and it’s powered by the RC8 mill. Question is, did the plob the lump in there, or do some reworking on it? EBR tosses out some ideas on how better to support dealerships, and let’s slip a little info on the new EBR machines coming out in 2013. You on board? Triumph announces pricing on the new Trophy touring bike and clearly has BMW centered in their crosshairs. Some brief commentary on the Fischer and CF Moto lower-cost alternative bikes, and does Can Am have something new up their collective sleeves...? News:
- Honda’s new V4 sport bike...?
- KTM’s new big Adventure
- EBR’s expansion and dealer plans
- Triumph Trophy gets a price
- Fischer Motorcycles - http://fischer1.com/Fischer_motorcycles.htm
- CFMoto 650 - http://thekneeslider.com/archives/2012/07/24/cfmoto-middleweights-650nk-and-650tr-the-coming-competition/
- BRP Can-AM Spyder - http://en-us.spyder.brp.com/home.aspx
- Russell Hoffman
- Alex Miller
Episode 75 - Thatâ€™s NEVER a good idea. May 22, 2011
Technical note: this week weâ€™ve encoded the MP3 with slightly higher compression in mono format to provide a smaller overall file size. Please be sure to let us know how the audio quality is on your player. Thanks! James has habits an tics, and talks about some turn signal woes. He also loves his Sena headset , but needs to check out some hearing protection options. James will check back after heâ€™s tried some of the choices in a sample pack. It beats buying a new helmet! Zero doesnâ€™t have zero recalls, but if this is worst they need to deal with, then thatâ€™s Zero stress! Yamaha is building some machines in the US... is the market better? Is it a â€œbuild â€˜em where you sell â€˜emâ€ thing? Time will tell. The guys talk about an editorial from Motorcycle USA where sport bike enthusiasts thrash a Zumo 50 and have fun doing it! Did Harley really mean to use Brandoâ€™s name without permission, or was it just an oversight? Who knows? Not the guys, but that doesnâ€™t stop them from floating some ideas. Fortunately, thereâ€™s a new Kawasaki to talk about, and KTM and Bajaj continue to get closer and closer. They wrap up the show with some feedback and some discussion about possibilities of disabled and afflicted riders still enjoying the road and their machines. And the guys promise to have the 2nd winner of the signed, updated edition of David Houghâ€™s Proficient Riding picked for next weekâ€™s show.
- Ear plug discussion
- Zero recalls some bikes
- Honestly if this is all thatâ€™s wrong with them, win!
- From Yamahaâ€™s Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/yamahamotorusa
- Yamaha Motor Corp., U.S.A., (YMUS) and Yamaha Motor Manufacturing Corporation of America (YMMC) announced today that the first production run of new all-terrain vehicle (ATV) models transferred to the U.S. from overseas facilities will take place this month at Yamahaâ€™s state-of-the-art factory in Newnan, Ga.
- The start of new ATV production in Newnan is a major step forward in the companiesâ€™ long-term strategy to transfer the majority of Yamahaâ€™s worldwide ATV manufacturing to the United States. When complete, the production transfer could add 200 or more American jobs at Yamahaâ€™s U.S. factory as well as additional jobs at the 125 North American parts supplier companies. The specific ATV models will be announced on June 8 as part of Yamahaâ€™s worldwide unveiling of select 2012 model year products.
- Cool article about small-bore scooters from an enthusiastâ€™s point of view
- â€œTires squealing, at the very edge of control, for a brief moment I was Ben Bostrom with Tommy Hayden in hot pursuit. Then I looked at the speedometer: 34 mph. But perhaps most importantly, a mere few drops of gasoline consumed. â€
- Harley gets sued - over Marlon Brandoâ€™s name on boots!
- 2012 Kawi KLX450F with launch control
- Bajaj buys more KTM
- Check disabled riders clubs, special mods, etc. Inability to use the brake lever might be very similar to amputeesâ€™ concerns and certainly bears investigation.