Episode 32 – May 30, 2010
- Skype interview with Reuben Bakker, product manager for New Enough
- 1Q sales down, industry wide.
- First quarter motorcycle sales data from the Motorcycle Industry Council shows a 22.7% drop compared to 2009. The estimated sales figures, compiled by the MIC from participating manufacturers, show a drop across all segments for the first three months of 2010.
- Pee Wee Herman opens Sturgis festivities at The Buffalo Chip. Seriously.
- Kawasaki announces new 2011 models, but they’re all dirt bikes. But what’s more surprising is what’s missing from the lineup:
- Vulcan 1600, fully replaced by the Vulcan 1700 models.
- Vulcan 500 and 750, fully replaced by the Vulcan 900
- Vulcan 2000 only has one trim package now
- Ninja 500 is gone
- Contrasting Yamaha and Suzuki, Kawasaki only has ONE 600cc and ONE 1000cc fully clad sport bike
- Honda PCX for 2011