Episode 192 - January 2015 Riders' Roundtable discussionThis week, James & Chris are joined by Todd from The Wheelnerds and Chris & Steve from The Cafe Racer Motorcycle Podcast. The esteemed panel of experts lay out everything you can expect in 2015 with flawless logic, on-point analysis, and laser tight focus on the most important issues of the coming year. Enjoy!
Episode 149 - Max is kind of a jerk Mon June 10, 2013James and Chris discuss the cultural phenomenon known as Christopher Walken. Ok, not really; just an honorable mention. It’s a feedback extravaganza this week while the guys get caught up on feedback. James - no, no... not THAT James - had a minor incident and we point you to the forum discussion where his bike pics exist. Chris has decided that he’s selling his reliable bike and getting a Ducati Indiana. Nope... that’s just a flat out lie, but he does link you to a picture of one. Keep your bucket handy. Links:
- Fly Tourist helmet
- Walken does Where the Wild Things Are
- Motoport review
- James’ broken bike thread
- Ducati Indinia
- Cleveland Moto Podcast
- James on Twitter
- Russell Hoffman
- Reuben RN
- @craigsheppard - https://twitter.com/craigsheppard
- Gerry Reidel
- James (Malbojah on ST.N)
- Fred Huska
You asked and we have provided. You can now easily find past episodes on the site or in an RSS feed using the provided Archive categories and the links to the archive RSS feeds. Just below the "Contact" section on the site are links to the archived episodes grouped by year. Clicking on any of the archive links will direct your browser to display the RSS feed for the group of episodes. Depending on your podcatcher and browser, you may see links or options right on the page to subscribe without having to take any further steps. In most cases, however, you'll likely need to copy the URL from the address bar in the browser and paste it into your podcatcher. Most podcatchers and RSS readers will require similar enough steps. Below you will find instructions for subscribing to the feed in iTunes. If you have any problems or questions, get hold of anyone at The Pace Podcast by sending email to Feedback @ The Pace Podcast. We'll do whatever we can to help. iTunes subscription:
It has become apparent that the listeners choose to interact with the show's hosts and guests via Email, blog comments and, most notably, on the show's Facebook page at http://facebook.com/ThePacePodcast. In light of this, The Pace Podcast has chosen to no longer participate in, nor support, the online forums at http://thepacepodcast.com/forums, and will be taking down the forum software some time in the next few weeks. A redirect page will be posted in place of the forums to direct traffic to the show's Facebook page. Some of the information will be pulled from the forums and posted on the show blog for the sake of archiving. If you have a specific topic or discussion thread on the forums you would like to see archived, please contact the show hosts at email@example.com with a link to the thread in question. If possible, the thread's contents will be posted and archived. This should not be perceived as any sort of problem with the show. This is simply a matter of concentrating the attention and interaction with the listeners where it makes the most sense, and where the listeners choose to interact most. As always, thank you for listening and supporting the show. Chris & James The Pace Podcast
Episode 21 - Snowy neighbors and crappy tools
- Zero hires top talent from Buell -Â http://www.autoblog.com/2010/03/05/zero-charges-forward-electric-motorcycle-company-to-hire-top-ta/
- Harley-Davidson "Ride Easy" program. Easy financing. Isn't this what got them into trouble before?
- Czysz is at it again. $24-42k electric power plant -Â http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/General-news/2010/February/feb2710-motoczysz-launches-plugnplaypowertrain/
- The E1 is the electric setup
- The C1 is the carbon-fibre frame, I4 gas powered setup.
- The C1 is featured in the upcoming movie, Wall Street II
- C1 specs -Â http://www.motoczysz.com/main.php?area=07C1_tech
- Updated info on Aprilia recall -Â http://www.cyclenews.com/articles/industry-news/2010/02/19/aprilia-engine-recall-update
- This recall, reviewed and approved by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), has been given the reference number 10V-029.
- New replacement engines have arrived at RSV4 qualified Aprilia dealers and the company expects certified technicians to complete all work on RSV4 models in customers' hands within two to three weeks.
- Super Tenere = 13.5k GBP -Â http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/New-bikes/2010/February/feb2610-yamaha-super-tenere-to-cost-13500/
- Yamaha has confirmed the new â€˜first editionâ€™ version of the 2010Â Super Tenere 1200 will cost Â£13,500 in the UK.
- Comparison: base R1200 GSA = Â£10,745.00
- "If you were to spec up a BMW R1200GS to a similar level as the Yamaha Tenere it would take the basic price of Â£9925 to around Â£12,200 â€“ just under Â£1300 less than the Yamaha."
- Still no mention of it on the US site and no mention of a US release.
- MCN rides the 1200 Multistrada -Â http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/First-rides--tests/2010/February/feb2810-2010-ducati-multistrada-1200-first-ride-update/
- How we Drive -Â http://www.howwedrive.com/
- Cleaning up the electricals
- TechFlex wire sheathing -Â http://www.whitehorsegear.com/techflex-black-flexo-pet
- Nylon sheathing from CableOrganizer.com -Â http://cableorganizer.com/nylon/
- Split looms for existing wiring -Â http://cableorganizer.com/wire-loom/colored.html?=recommended
- Tire changer mods, cheap is cheap, but "good enough" can be improved.
- Harbor Freight tire changer -Â http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=42927
- Mojo Lever mount/de-mount bar -Â http://home.comcast.net/~prestondrake/mojoweb.htm
- No-Mar mount/de-mount bar -Â http://www.nomar-secure.com/product_p/tc-mdbar-std.htm
- Video - HF changer & MoJo Lever -Â http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_J5_sRRiAk
- Video (Web Bike World - "Chris" in the video is not Chris from The Pace) - Cycle Hill tire changer -Â http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOlFE_JHCqQ&feature=fvw
- Cycle Hill tire changer -Â http://cyclehilltirechanger.com/
- No-Mar tire changer -Â http://nomartirechanger.com/