You remember Colleen from episode 118 right? Well, she’s back to fill in for Chris as he convalesces.
April 22, 2012
- Audi/Ducati deal is done?
- â€œ…especially as VAG has shown it’s capable of understanding and respecting the values of the various brands it holds.â€
- Ryca Street Tracker Build
- Scooter Share. Good idea?
- Cafe Racer Podcast – www.caferacerpodcast.com
- KTM parts fiche – http://www.ktm-parts.com/
- Chad Bollingâ€™s scooter blog discussion – http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=661436
- Jeff Kuhneâ€™s video of a bike crash – http://youtu.be/Oqr-edYYYGw
- PacSafe – http://pacsafe.com/
- Rok Straps – http://www.rokstraps.com/
- Motorcycle Girl (Celeste)
- Kurt Wahtera
- Eric Shelton – (discussing standards)
- Chris Ashmore (two emails here)
- David Maas
- Chad Bolling
- Roland Canon
- Jeff Kuhne
- Colleen First
- Paul Manson (Facebook)
April 8, 2012
- Chris gives updates on Lizâ€™s KZ440 and Liz gets some saddle time
- Friend of the show Denise Dickenson makes 200k on her FZ1
- Interesting item: secure soft bag…?
- PackSafe Helmet bag – http://pacsafe.com/www/index.php?_room=3&_action=detail&id=27
- PackSafe bag protector – http://pacsafe.com/www/index.php?_room=3&activity_id=6
- Honda PCX gets a CC bump, Metropolitan gets some new aesthetics
- Helmets, helmets, helmets.
- Eric Shelton
- Doug Kneissl
- Eric Shelton (second topic)
- Mark Sibincic
- Gerry from Lancaster (Previous owner of the C3)
- James (malbojah on ST.N)
Lots of news from Milan, a little fromÂ PennsylvaniaÂ and a whole heapin’ healpin’ of e-mail.
Episode 90: It IS a scooter!
This week the guys are talking with listener, friend, and all around great guy – despite the orange scooter – Ryan Hettenbach. Ryan rode along for some of the Pace Podcast Barber Museum trip in September, and recalls some of his impressions riding with a group, as well as riding longer days and longer miles on the scooter.
Ryan also talks about his preparations for next year’s Scooter Cannonball Run, running from East to West in 8 days.
After talking with Ryan, the guys try to discern: is it live or Memore… er… Is it a motorcycle or a scooter? We’re talking about the Aprilia SRV800; it’s got a frame-mounted engine, chain drive, scooter body styling and ergonomics, an auto trans, sport-sized tires. What is it?
- Aprillia SRV 800
- Chain drive, concentric cam adjuster, scooter seating and body style, similar to that new honda Integra
- Matthew Murto responds about the V4 I couldnâ€™t remember a couple of weeks ago:
- â€œV4 â€“ Yamaha â€“ Touring â€“ the â€œVentureâ€. You almost had it.â€
- Prubert re: the FJR being a tank
Interview with Ryan Hettenbach about his orange scooter lifestyle.
We have lots and lots of feedback this week including electronic controls on bikes, Chris’s scooter, my Teiz suit and an electric concept from BMW. We wonder if two discs are better then one and slide down the slippery slope that leads to helmet laws.
Oh, there’s some news too.
- News and opinions
- Scooters: Great commuter vehicles that will not cause your testicles to shrivel up and fall off
- Harley Davidson selling leisure motorcycles in India
- Sport bike ergonomics
- Follow up and feedback
- Music provided byÂ Music Alley
- Opening music: â€˜No Wayâ€™ byÂ KunK
- Additional music: ‘Brasil, 1957′, ‘ January’, ‘Pages’, ‘Find The Time’ and ‘The Well-Traveled Gentleman’ by The Blind Eyes (One of the less annoying MySpace pages I’ve had to endure but it’s still MySpace.)