Episode 49 -Â Oct 17, 2010
Ok, this is the last week we rag on the VFR. Really. I mean… weâ€™ll try. But seriously, the VFR is rumored to be getting a big trailie sibling. Thatâ€™ll be interesting to see. Right?
We talk about how the EPA nerfs bench racing the ZX-10R, but the good news is no one will notice. I mean… whoâ€™s gonna wind that thing up that high, right?
Triumph continues to be Triumph, and this time theyâ€™re doing it with a cruiser – giving away thousands of dollars worth of touring upgrades to the Bonne America. Speaking of Triumph, James talks about his test ride on the Sprint GT and by the sounds of it, one is headed for his garage soon
Suzuki gets tricky with pricing on the GZ250, their entry level cruiser-esque bike. Looks like theyâ€™re blowing out old stock.
Did we mention Triumph? â€˜cause we get to see pictures of the upcoming 800 twin in its dirty clothes. Look out F800… The Tigerâ€™s got its eye on your lunch!
Guzzi updates the Norge/GT with suspenders and an engine update. Is this the first of the â€œfull line revampâ€ we talked about a few weeks ago? Or is this maybe Guzzi parts-binning some updates on it before a big change…? Stay tuned. Great things could be headed our way from Carloâ€™s legacy.
Weâ€™ll depress you with crappy sales numbers, then lighten the mood with helmets, pictures and contests. Weâ€™re like your cranky bipolar uncle, like that.
Colleen gets the nod for the tool kit contest, with Sara getting a runner up mention. Rock on Sara! Craig… loved your kit, but hey… Barbie box. â€˜nuff said.
Stay tuned for more contest news, product reviews and more news about the upcoming video offerings. Big things in store!
- Seasonal RF1100 Â update
- Itâ€™s Official. ZX-10R gets HP decrease for the US market
- 2011 America Classic Touring
- Sprint ST vs. Sprint GT
- James discusses his Sprint GT test ride
- weight difference (st – 530, gt – 590)
- It appears the GT fully replaces the ST for 2011-
- Suzuki drops the price of the GZ250 a full $1000 dollars, bringing it under $3k!
- First official pic of the Tiger 800
- Rumored big trailie from Honda based on the VFR1200
- Guzzi appears to be updating the Norge quite nicely
- Web Bike World reports that Q1/Q2 of 2010 roughly 17% down from Q1/Q2 of 2009
- HJC releases the RPS-10 which seems to slot in nicely to compete with the new Shoei Qwest
Tool kit pictures.
Colleen’s winning kit:
Colleen's Barbie Box toolkit
Colleen's Barbie Box tool kit opened up
Colleen's Barbie Box tool kit ready to use
Sara’s runner up tool kit, rock hammer and all!
Sara's joke entry, complete with rock hammer!