Episode 116 – Letâ€™s be clear… Iâ€™m not saying I donâ€™t like racing.
June 10, 2012
June 10, 2012
Whatâ€™s there to say about this weekâ€™s show…? Well, Chris says weâ€™re wasting fuel in racing, but the consensus is what he really means is, the PERCEPTION is that fuel is being wasted on racing, meanwhile bike MFGs are making bikes that go faster, harder, more and bigger, but thereâ€™s no priority being put on MPG. So, ya know, donâ€™t hate the guy for his comments. James and Chris both have work to do on their SVs and thank goodness the weather is only in the low 90s so they wonâ€™t die of heat stroke working on the bikes.Lower cost Raptors in the US…? Yes. And even factoring in US-based labor. Go figure. Ride to Work Day is coming up, so weâ€™re going to see all The Pace Podcastâ€™s listeners on the road on June 18th, right? RIGHT? Yes, of course we are. The good news is, Garmin has released the new Zumo with lifetime maps. Now you have NO excuse not to ride to work, right? RIGHT?
Good. Iâ€™m glad thatâ€™s settled. Oh, and there are some juicy links to various things… check â€˜em out.
- MotoCzysz does the ton and wins $15k
- New Zumo
- Yamaha ATVs assembled in U.S. – Lower Prices
- Ride to Work Day
- Iron Butt hot weather riding info: http://www.ironbutt.com/ibmagazine/IronButt_1002_62-66_Hot.pdf
- Snell certifications: http://www.smf.org/
- Navigon GPX converter: http://intranet.vdxml.nl/navigon.php
- Google Maps to GPX: http://www.elsewhere.org/journal/gmaptogpx/
- Sport-Touring.net: http://www.sport-touring.net/forums/index.php?action=forum
- Thom Butterfield
- Darren Dykes
- Bryan Conley
- Jay Knight
- Matt Murto on hot weather riding
- Russell Hoffman
- Colleen First