Episode 36: Is my Enfield on fire?This week we are joined by our friend Nagi. Nagi is from India and has spent the last 10 years in the United States. We discuss the differences between being a motorcyclist in the USA and being a motorist in India. Nagi helps us understand how 2-wheeled travel is just a way of life in India, vs. the apparent "toy" or recreational nature of motorcycling in the USA. Nagi also points out the differences in long-term ownership here and abroad, and how small-displacement engines are the norm in India, compared to the big, powerful machines we typically see here in the US. Before moving to America, Nagi rode bikes typically in the 125cc range, whereas here in America, Nagi is riding a Suzuki GSXR750 and a Honda Shadow VLX 600. The Pace Podcast's theme music is No Way by Kunk. This week's additional music is from California rock band Sundial Project. The band maintains a Facebook Fan Page as well as an iTunes Store page. Manufacturers info in India: http://www.automobileindia.com/two-wheelers/manufacturer/ http://headlinesindia.mapsofindia.com/cars/top-car-manufacturers.html Other links: Vespa.com - the premiere scoot! Foursquare - social/location networking
Episode 34 - Dorm Room Chique Insanity
- Kawasaki escalates the litre bike chase with a new ZX10.
- Vespa's GTS300 is new for 2010. Does this mean an increase in larger-CC scooters?
- BMW celebrates 30 years of the GS.
- Motorcycle.com compares the XL883 Low and the Shadow RS. Guess we're not the only ones who see the blatant copy.
- Ride to work - June 21st... very little fanfare about it this year.
- Genius or madness? - Aerostich milk crate workstand
- Draggin Jeans gets CE Approval
- Name the KTM contest
- Name the new 125 street bike and win one
- To be released in 10 european countries