Lots of news from Milan, a little fromÂ PennsylvaniaÂ and a whole heapin’ healpin’ of e-mail.
We have some excellent feedback this week and Jim Long asks for some Pace Podcast Opining DuJour on the Harley Switchback. In short: the guys like it.
- Details on the Nuda 900
- Costco and Zero in CA
- 2011 Best of the Year by Motorcycle.com
- How does the Gixxer 750 inch out the S1000RR for best sport bike?
- Nissan Juke ad. Is it a big deal?
- Chris Harr gives us information for last weekâ€™s listener moving to Corvallis
- Joel Cramer – Vintage v. used
- Raoul Lowe thanks us for promoting his Busa Beats mix
- Jim long wants us to comment on the Harley Switchback and its place in their lineup (from facebook)
James has habits an tics, and talks about some turn signal woes. He also loves his Sena headset , but needs to check out some hearing protection options. James will check back after heâ€™s tried some of the choices in a sample pack. It beats buying a new helmet! Zero doesnâ€™t have zero recalls, but if this is worst they need to deal with, then thatâ€™s Zero stress! Yamaha is building some machines in the US… is the market better? Is it a â€œbuild â€˜em where you sell â€˜emâ€ thing? Time will tell. The guys talk about an editorial from Motorcycle USA where sport bike enthusiasts thrash a Zumo 50 and have fun doing it! Did Harley really mean to use Brandoâ€™s name without permission, or was it just an oversight? Who knows? Not the guys, but that doesnâ€™t stop them from floating some ideas. Fortunately, thereâ€™s a new Kawasaki to talk about, and KTM and Bajaj continue to get closer and closer. They wrap up the show with some feedback and some discussion about possibilities of disabled and afflicted riders still enjoying the road and their machines.
And the guys promise to have the 2nd winner of the signed, updated edition of David Houghâ€™s Proficient Riding picked for next weekâ€™s show.
- Ear plug discussion
- Zero recalls some bikes
- Honestly if this is all thatâ€™s wrong with them, win!
- From Yamahaâ€™s Facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/yamahamotorusa
- Yamaha Motor Corp., U.S.A., (YMUS) and Yamaha Motor Manufacturing Corporation of America (YMMC) announced today that the first production run of new all-terrain vehicle (ATV) models transferred to the U.S. from overseas facilities will take place this month at Yamahaâ€™s state-of-the-art factory in Newnan, Ga.
- The start of new ATV production in Newnan is a major step forward in the companiesâ€™ long-term strategy to transfer the majority of Yamahaâ€™s worldwide ATV manufacturing to the United States. When complete, the production transfer could add 200 or more American jobs at Yamahaâ€™s U.S. factory as well as additional jobs at the 125 North American parts supplier companies. The specific ATV models will be announced on June 8 as part of Yamahaâ€™s worldwide unveiling of select 2012 model year products.
- Cool article about small-bore scooters from an enthusiastâ€™s point of view
- â€œTires squealing, at the very edge of control, for a brief moment I was Ben Bostrom with Tommy Hayden in hot pursuit. Then I looked at the speedometer: 34 mph. But perhaps most importantly, a mere few drops of gasoline consumed. â€
- Harley gets sued – over Marlon Brandoâ€™s name on boots!
- 2012 Kawi KLX450F with launch control
- Bajaj buys more KTM
- Check disabled riders clubs, special mods, etc. Inability to use the brake lever might be very similar to amputeesâ€™ concerns and certainly bears investigation.
This week we talk about Chris’s new Zook, deliver some good news from HD, some bad news from Suzuki and we try real hard not to pick on Honda too much. Zero has a new bike, L.A. has a new plan and we have Scott Bolton’s AMA season Preview.
Well, I’m sure this will surprise everyone but we’re talking about Honda again this week.
In other news: You can get an Ohlins on the (relative) cheap, we found some great pics of this year’s Dakar and Enfield has a new chief. A couple new Guzzi’s make their debut, Zero get’s some serious cash and we try to figure out what the hell the Agility Saietta is.
We’ll wrap it all up some listener feedback.
Jeff Katzer’s trip to Cape Flattery
Episode 41 – We love you, Michael Bay!
This week we open up with a volley of hurt on spammers. Ok, it’s actually just a lot of whining about spammers, but that doesn’t sound nearly as cool. Bottom line: if we accidentally deleted your comments or didn’t approve your forum signup, it’s not ’cause we don’t like you – we’re just really bad at figuring out who the real people are vs. the spammers. Sorry. Oh, and Canada… it was a joke. It’s all good.
After that we discuss recalled R6es and their awesome reflectors. We still love the ‘lectrics and we talk about a great article with a 3-bike electric comparo on motorcycle.com.
Ever want to flout the helmet laws? Do it in Myrtle Beach. Take THAT, city council! You’re not awesome!
James admits he loves Michael Bay but thinks the incredible transforming Krugger bike is less than awesome. MCN is awesome, though, because they have the ONLY reports of 2011 Gixxers on the planet. Awesome!
Moto Morini is dead; Long live Moto Morini. Except… no. And Honda aims at the FJR and C14 with the new, upcoming VFR1200T? Hmm… They might, rabbit. They might.
Continue to stay tuned for CONTESTS!!! We’re gonna take next week off, so look for us to come back on the 29th. Enjoy your vacation, James!
- Yamaha recall – http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/609/7685/Motorcycle-Article/Yamaha-Recalls-54000-YZF-R6-Motorcycles.aspx
- Electric bike comparo – http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/2010-ebike-shootout-89839.html
- Myrtle Beach refunds helmet citations – http://blog.motorcycle.com/2010/07/14/safety/motorcycle-helmet-violations-refunded/
- Krugger’s Veon Project transforming bike – http://www.cyrilhuzeblog.com/2010/08/08/exclusive-motorcycle-cruiser-to-racer-in-5-seconds%E2%80%A6/
- MCN’s got the dirt. Or not. – http://www.motorcyclenews.com/upload/270922/images/new-paper-main.jpg
- Moto Morini: gone for good? – http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/285/7677/Motorcycle-Article/Euro-Gossip–August-2010-.aspx
- Tiez Bargain – http://www.teizms.com/lombard-p-2.html
- (community discussion thread – http://www.sport-touring.net/forums/index.php/topic,37107.0.html)
- Honda: The new ST? – http://www.motorcycledaily.com/2010/08/solo-moto-thinks-more-upright-vfr1200f-may-replace-st1300-this-fall/
- And just because Michael Bay is awesome – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiHsxQJ9ZOo